En nuestra experiencia, hemos tenido la oportunidad de asesorar y capacitar a equipos de trabajo en Mexico, E.U. y Sudamerica, en los temas de Sistemas de Calidad, KAIZEN, Manufactura/Oficina Esbelta, Planeacion Estrategica, Lean-Six Sigma, Herramientas para la resolucion de Problemas, entre otros temas de nuestra especialidad.
Muestra de Proyectos Exitosos Recientes Utilizando las Metodologias Lean-Six Sigma
- Pipe Charge Air Set Process Improvement. By mapping the pipe charge air set installation and using Lean-Six Sigma Tools, the team was able to eliminate the material damage cost from $81.00 USD to $0.00 USD per unit. Goal was achieved by implementing a go-no go tool to help the operators to properly install the pipe avoiding damage. Project benefits include $100K USD in material replacement cost savings.
· Additional Units Phase II: By using Lean-Six Sigma tools the production team was able to identify a bottleneck caused by high reworks at End Of Line area. A visual management tool was developed to inform the related departments timely to work in advance on closing the identified defects before reaching End Of Line; this allowed to improve the production flow. Estimated annual savings: $265K USD.
· Inventory Management By using lean tools, Our materials team was able to identify opportunities on warehouse capacity and relocate low movement and obsolete parts and improve the inventory accuracy. Estimated annual savings: $144K USD.
· Model XXYY Introduction, Market Share Increase: “Design For Six Sigma” was used to obtain the best design to increase our market share in the Mexican construction segment from 7.9% to 31%, this success was attained with a more competitive product pricing strategy according to customer needs. Benefits estimated at $1.6M USD
- Premium freight – Shortages.By mapping and assessing the risk on the material requirement process using Lean Tools, our team was able to create action items for suppliers to decrease the DPU shortages with supplier responsibility from 0.37 to 0.04 DPU and avoid premium freight. This was achieved by several actions such as daily EDI transmission, planner code change and senior management follow-up. Total annualized savings are $130K USD.
- Fiberglass Composites Resourcing. Reduce purchase parts cost by 50%. Goal was achieved by integrating related parts into fiberglass shop fabricated parts list based on Lean tools for analysis. Project benefits include $110K USD in labor savings.